Marriage License Info
Requirements for a marriage license to be issued in Frontier County.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot marry in Nebraska if you are under 17.
- Parental consent is required for applicants who are 17 or 18 years of age. The parental consent forms are available at the County Clerk's office.
- One form of identification is required, such as a driver's license or passport.
- Provide the full names and birthplaces of the bride and groom.
- Provide the full names and birthplaces of both parents. (including maiden names)
- The bride and groom shall provide their Social Security Numbers, if they have one. Applicants who do not have a Social Security Number must complete a form provided by the Clerk asserting they do not have a Social Security Number.
- If there was a previous marriage, we will need to know the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce decree or date of death).
- Marriage Licenses are good for one year from the date of issuance. Therefore, they have to be married within that year or they need to apply again.
- A couple may apply for their license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any Nebraska county.
To receive a certified marriage license for a marriage license issued in Frontier County, send a $9.00 check or money order and the following information:
- Name of groom
- Name of bride (including maiden name)
- Month, day and year of marriage
(Must have been issued in Frontier County for us to send a copy)
Frontier County Clerk
PO Box 40
Stockville, NE 68042
The fee for a marriage license is $25.00.
A Certified Copy of a Marriage Record is $9.00.